A boozehound goes sober...

A boozehound goes sober...

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Day 27: The Ladies!

Day 27. 1:47am. Night. Drinks-0

I am tired. Mentally. Physically. Emotionally. You name it...I am tired. The last couple days, I have read post after post about the things female improvisers and comedians have been subjected in the Chicago comedy scene. It is heartbreaking for so many reasons that I can't even begin to explain or eloquently put into words.

There is a change...a shift..an awakening happening, and it is fucking cool to see. I mean, very cool to see ladies taking charge!  The last couple days have shown me that I have some great friends and advocates. I am reminded that my female friends are strong, kind, generous and fierce as hell.



While all of this is wonderful, and I am happy to see women standing up for themselves, it is also very exhausting. I haven't done shit besides read, offer support, and have conversations, but for some reason I am so damn tired. 

So like can we get a second for my LADIES who legit were apart in the Women's Suffrage Movement, who worked way harder than I ever will to get us the right to vote? Or how about my GIRLS that were/are in politics (looking at you Hil-Dawg), and have to explain to old white men EVERY DAMN day why they are out of touch? Or how about my GALS who demanded that women be able to have careers outside of mom? OR how about these boss ass women fighting for women to get paid as much as men do?!?!?!?!??!?!


CAUSE Y'ALL WORKED HARD AS HELL TO MAKE SURE I COULD TRY TO MAKE A CAREER OUT OF MAKING FART JOKES! Ladies, thank you...and I am sorry I have pissed away your hard work by spending the majority of the time looking for good gifs for this post. I should do better by you! Y'all some bad asses!!!

This is exciting for sure. I am proud that people are trying to make change in our comedy world. 

What is also exciting about this, is I haven't had the urge to drink. As I have said in posts before, I have THOUGHT about drinking, but the want hasn't been large enough to act on it. So here's to that! 

Day 27. Complete. Sisters are doin it for themselves!

Becca

Drinks-0
Weight Loss-1lb from the last time I weighed myself, so like who really knows at this point.
Money Spent-I didn't keep track today...SORRY!
# of foot in mouth moments-2.5





No comments:

Post a Comment