A boozehound goes sober...

A boozehound goes sober...

Monday, January 11, 2016

Day 11: The Belated Holiday Party

Day 11. 11:48pm. Night. Drinks-0

Tonight was the Second City Holiday party (late in the game, we know). I have been looking forward to it for a while...even when I knew I wouldn't be drinking. I figured it would be the BIG test. And I passed...

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. By now, most people know I am not drinking and don't even offer. I am finding that it has gotten easier to resist any remaining offers that still come my way. There is a moment at the top of a party, show or evening out where I debate whether I could just have one drink. Something stops me. I think it is proving to myself that I can do it. 20 days left of my "break" from alcohol, and for the first time since I started, that doesn't seem too long. 

Day 11. Complete. Feeling strong.

Becca

Drinks-0
Weight Loss- 2lbs total
Money Spent-$6
# of foot in mouth moments-0

No comments:

Post a Comment