A boozehound goes sober...

A boozehound goes sober...

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Day 14: The Routine

Day 14. 10:46pm. Night. Drinks-0

Today was the first day that I felt like not drinking wasn't a choice rather just a normal part of the day. (Every time I type something like that sentence, I cringe a little at knowing how "normal" alcohol was to my day).  I went to dinner with an improv team to celebrate a birthday. Not drinking didn't feel like a deal or even like I needed to make an aside to explain why I wasn't drinking. Had I made some announcement (or publicly posted this blog--wait), my pals would have been all like...

Drinking would have been the social thing to do, and seemingly, the thing that added to the fun. I didn't drink. I still had fun. And no one gave a shit. Why? Because it is not that big of a deal and my friends aren't assholes. Also, my decision to not drink had no impact on the evenings events. Why? Because I am not that important.

A lot of the time, I get consumed on what people think of me, and I have to remind myself that no one is sitting around thinking, "Damn let me judge every decision Becca Taubel makes. That seems like a productive use of my time." Nope, that doesn't happen. I need to get over myself, but, more importantly, be ok with myself enough to not care what anyone thinks. #goalsfor2016



Day 14. Complete. I am happy that this thing is getting easier. However, my guess is it will get hard again cause that's how this shit works y'all!!

Becca

Drinks-0
Weight Loss-still not weighing myself!!! I am basking in the glow of not giving a fuck!
Money Spent- $62
# of foot in mouth moments-3 I did a terrible job of being good at interactions today!


No comments:

Post a Comment